CaribbeanFever / FeverEyes / CaribFever
Caribbean Fever - Your ONLY destination to all things Caribbean and more
A Kentucky man said he suffered second-degree burns Saturday after an e-cigarette exploded in his pants pocket.
The fiery blast happened as the victim, Josh Hamilton, reached into his pocket to pay for a purchase at a gas station in Owensboro.
Surveillance footage from inside the store shows Hamilton jolting from a sudden burst of sparks from his front right pocket.
A Kentucky man suddenly found his pants on fire after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket
The man struggled to take his burning pants off in the dramatic incident which was caught on surveillance video
The man, identified as Josh Hamilton, rushed out of the gas station after the sudden combustion
Outside the gas station, an attendant helped Hamilton by putting out the flames with a fire extinguisher
Moments later flames can be seen shooting out of a hole in the pants as Hamilton rushes outside, struggling to take them off.
'Sparks were flying everywhere and I had to ditch the pants in the middle of a crowded gas station,' Hamilton wrote on his Facebook page.
'It got me good! It was like I had one of those fountain type fireworks going off in my pocket.'
A photo posted by Hamilton shows a large burn on his right thigh.
'I can't even look at it without getting a little sick myself,' Hamilton commented.
Josh Hamilton posted a picture of his right leg after the battery explosion incident. He said he suffered second-degree burns
Josh Hamilton suffered second-degree burns Saturday after an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket
Hamilton wrote that he suffered second-degree burns in the incident.
The battery that combusted was said to be a lithium device of the type Efest 18650.
Efest is a Chinese company whose logo features burning flames. Daily Mail Online was unable to reach Efest for a comment.
Hamilton told the Tristate Homepage he plans to continue using e-cigarettes, except when he is getting gas.
'If you are using one, make sure you are not using one at a gas station,' he said. 'That's a really big mistake.'
The exploding battery was reportedly manufactured by the Chinese company Efest
WOW....that is crazy....lucky he didn't lose his life.
© 2023 Created by Caribbean Fever. Powered by
You need to be a member of CaribbeanFever / FeverEyes / CaribFever to add comments!
Join CaribbeanFever / FeverEyes / CaribFever