How did the gathering crowd react?
- A number of people at the scene appeared to try to pull the punching officer off the teen.
What was the teen charged with?
- On man shouted, “No, that’s extra!” after one of the officer’s punches.
- “What are you doing?” a woman is heard yelling at police, then adding “I’m gonna f***ing kill you!”
- “Let him go!” another person is heard hollering.
- At one point, the officer who was punching the teen warned the crowd to step back.
- Burns was charged with assault, larceny, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property, and giving a fake name, police told the Daily News.
- He was held on $15,000 bond after his arraignment Saturday, the paper added.
What else are police saying about Burns?
- He may have resisted arrest because he was wanted for a July 31 Bronx robbery, police told the Daily News reported.
- Police said Burns allegedly followed a 56-year-old inside his building, pulled out a box cutter, demanded cash and ran off when the victim pointed out a video surveillance system, the paper reported.
- Burns was charged Aug. 8 with two other Bronx robberies — including one the same day as the alleged box-cutter robbery, the Daily News said.
- He allegedly pulled a knife on a taxi driver and swiped $75, a cellphone and a tablet, the paper added.
NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau is reviewing the cellphone video of Burns’ arrest, police told the Daily News.
Here’s the clip. (Content warning: Strong language):