An IKEA store in Atlanta angered Black employees with its special menu created to honor Juneteenth because it featured fried chicken and watermelon.
Many of the staffers said the menu was insensitive and they were left so outraged that 33 people didn’t show up for work on Juneteenth (June 19) – and some even considered quitting, as reported by… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 23, 2021 at 2:30pm —
- Brett Favre says it is unfair for transgender women to compete in the Olympics
- The Packers legend addressed the controversy on his podcast this week after transgender New Zealand weightlifter…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 23, 2021 at 2:00pm —
Michael B. Jordan took to his social media account to apologize for the use of the word, which caused a furor among Trinbagonians as J’Ouvert is a significant part of their carnival culture.
The famed actor has been under fire from West Indians, particularly Trinidadians, for branding his rum J’Ouvert Rum. Caribbean folks…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 23, 2021 at 1:00pm —
- Tens of thousands of people attended the five-day Redneck Rave festival in the small town of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky last week
- Dozens of attendees were charged with a range of offenses from drug trafficking to felony assault
- Some were left seriously injured as grisly scenes unfolded at what organizers billed as 'America's wildest and…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 23, 2021 at 12:00pm —
How You Doin’? While going through any sort of break-up is bad enough on its own, one of the worst elements to it–especially for public figures–comes in when everybody gets to start saying, “I told you so.”⠀ Continue
#EricaMena and #Safaree are currently expecting their second child together. But, unfortunately, they’re going through a divorce at the same time.…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 23, 2021 at 9:30am —
Shaq / Ben Simmons
Ben Simmons of the Philadelphia 76ers is facing major criticism from some NBA icons following his performance in the Eastern Conference second-round playoff series on Sunday.
According to reports, the former No. 1 overall pick “passed up an open dunk under the basket with 3 minutes, 29 seconds to play” against the Atlanta Hawks. He was even taken out of the game… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 22, 2021 at 3:30pm —
After Quanera Hayes and Allyson Felix finished their 400-meter final qualifying race for the U.S. Olympic team in first and second place, respectively, Hayes secured her spot as the U.S. national champion with a 49.78-second time, with Felix, a four-time Olympian, not far behind at 50.02.
At the finish line the two women shared a moment when Hayes thanked Felix for… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 22, 2021 at 3:00pm —
Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib wants you to know that he’s gay, becoming the first active NFL player to come out.
Nassib, 28, joined the Raiders in 2020 on a three-year, $25 million free-agent deal. He made his coming-out announcement in an Instagram post on Monday.
“What’s up people?” Nassib posted. “I’m at my house here in West… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 22, 2021 at 2:30pm —
- Video released by the NYPD showed a 33-year-old off-duty police officer talking to two men Monday morning when a brawl ensued
- One of the men started punching the victim and another grabbed him
- They were later…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 22, 2021 at 2:00pm —
- Behar and her co-hosts were discussing Carl Nassib's announcement on Tuesday
- She kicked off the segment by saying: 'It's 2021, is this such a big deal?'
- Her co-hosts told her that it was, since Carl is the first active NFL player to come out
- She then joked at the end of the segment 'You…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 22, 2021 at 2:00pm —
The Worl’Boss’ attorney Isat Buchanan sat down with Anthony Miller of Entertainment Report recently to talk about the deejay’s upcoming appeal for his murder conviction, music, prison life, reported baptism and confession. The outspoken lawyer outlined that Kartel is not a Christian putting recent baptism rumours to dead!…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 21, 2021 at 6:30pm —
- Shawn Chock, 35, identified as the driver who cops say crashed into group of cyclists taking part in weekend bike race in Show Low, Arizona
- Chock is in stable condition at the hospital after being shot by police
- Chock is accused of deliberately plowing his Ford F-150 pickup truck into cyclists, leaving six critically…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 21, 2021 at 6:21pm —
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Kyanni Williams suffered a large cut to her left cheek when she was delivered via C-section at Denver Health Hospital on June 15
- Parents Reazjhana Davis and Damarqus Williams say injury required 13 stitches…
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 21, 2021 at 5:30pm —
It was the slam dunk that never was.
En route to the Philadelphia 76ers being eliminated from the NBA playoffs Sunday night by the Atlanta Hawks, star Ben Simmons had a wide open dunk, but chose to dish the ball instead to Matisse Thybulle, who missed his shot, but was fouled.The video of his ill-fated decision, and reaction from teammate Joel… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 21, 2021 at 2:00pm —
- The Olympian announced his girlfriend had given birth to twins named Saint Leo Bolt and Thunder Bolt
- Usain and Kasi have been dating for six years and welcomed their first child, little girl Olympia, in June 2020 …
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 20, 2021 at 8:00pm —
A very disturbing video is circulating online which shows an altercation inside a Dallas, Texas convenience store. In the video, an Asian store owner is seen on video beating up a Black woman, while another Asian employee holds her at gunpoint.
Many on social media are now asking the police to look into the matter - and charge the Asian store owner with kidnapping and assault… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 20, 2021 at 6:30am —
Mayoral candidate Eric Adams puts up 2k reward of his own cash for the NYC sidewalk shooter who missed two kids by INCHES during gang warfare hit as NYC violent crime continues to rise
- Michael Lopez, 27, has been arrested for the June 17 shooting in the Bronx
- He has five priors including for attempted murder, robbery and revenge porn …
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 20, 2021 at 6:00am —
Conservative political pundit Candace Owens took to Twitter on Thursday to announce she will not be celebrating the new federal holiday of Juneteenth or June 19, because it brainwashes Black people to see themselves as “separate from America.”
In a series of tweets posted after President Joe Biden signed the bill officially making June 19 a national holiday, Owens tweeted… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 18, 2021 at 5:30pm —
The House on Wednesday passed a bill to make Juneteenth or June 19th, the date in 1865 when slaves in Galveston, Texas, learned of their freedom, a national holiday.
The Senate passed the bill on Tuesday, and now President Joe Biden is set to sign the legislation into law Thursday to make Juneteenth the 12th federal holiday,… Continue
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 17, 2021 at 2:00pm —
- The Supreme Court has dismissed a challenge to the Obama era health care law, preserving insurance coverage for millions of Americans
- In a 7-2 vote, the justices left the entire law intact Thursday ruling that Texas, other GOP-led states and two individuals didn't have standing …
Added by Caribbean Fever on June 17, 2021 at 1:55pm —