Caribbean Fever - Your ONLY destination to all things Caribbean and more
Time: July 16, 2010 at 7pm to July 22, 2010 at 7pm
Location: Saut d'Eau, Haiti
Street: Saut d'Eau, Haiti
City/Town: Saut d'Eau, Haiti
Website or Map: http://www.africac.org/Haitiw…
Event Type: pilgrimage, congress, prayer
Organized By: Prince Bubacarr Aminata Sankanu. Email: PrinceBubacarrASankanu@gmx.de
Latest Activity: Mar 6, 2010
Dear Sirs and Mesdames,
What have our African Values done to the intolerant evangelical jihadists to deserve so much hatred?
Religious despots like Pat Robertson and his fellow fanatics got it wrong when they tried to link the Haitian Earthquake to Voudon (Voodoo) practice.
Earthquake took place in Turkey, Italy, Ache, Japan, Pakistan, Iran, Chile and other places. Did the victims sign a pact with the devil?
The historic Bois Caïman (Bwa Kayiman) Prayer Ceremony of August 14, 1791 that sparked off the Haitian Revolution was a very civilized event. Foungan Makandal and his fellow priests sacrificed medicinal plants and animals. Is animal sacrifice not a common practice in Christianity, Islam and Judaism? Why does it has to be evil simply because it is African?
The Haiti World Voudon Congress on Traditional Medicine (July 16 - 22, 2010) seeks to start addressing the ugly discrimination, hated and misconception of the African Heritage.
1) WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The Haiti World Voudon Congress is not just for the Voudon followers but for anyone who wants to make a statement against the discrimination of minority values. You can attend as delegate if you belong to any of these categories:
* Babalawos, Baba Lapos
* Foungans, Sangomas and other traditional healers
* Akan, Candomble, Ifa, Orisha ,Santeria ,Voodoo Yoruba followers
* Medical anthropologists,
* Homoeopathy practitioners
* Religious policy-makers and think-thanks
* Spiritual musicians
* And anyone who respects minority civilizations
The Haiti World Voudon Congress with deliberate on the following:
* Lectures on the positive values of traditional medicine
* The hatred of traditional heritage by the Muslim and Christian fundamentalists
* Election of the executives of the World Voudon Congress
* Establishment of a "Pan African Traditional Medicine Research & Development Institute (PATRDI)"
* The legacy of Bois Caiman and Foungan Makandal: adoption of August 14 as Pan African Renaissance Day
* Workshop, seminars on mind, body & spirit
* Brainstorming on solidarity and collaborations
* Action plan for civic education and enlightenment
* Any other business
As a registered delegate, you will have the privilege to actively participate in all the activities of the Congress. You can also vote, nominate or be voted into the Executive Committee of the World Voudon Congress. Due to the huge number pilgrims and the organisational challenges during the Pilgrimage, we advise that you to register now for proper planning.
Click on: http://www.africac.org/Howtoregister.html
Please do not hesitate to contact me for clarifications and answers while looking forward to a lasting cooperation.